23 April 2011

Bangkok pt. 1 - Day 11

Today I made a mistake and had "Ma Ma's Noodles with Chicken Curry". It wasn't crazy bad, but it wasn't exactly worth the money. The staff wasn't too friendly and not even the cushions were as comfy as they looked from outside. Normally I'm not too picky when it comes to food, I think. I mean, I definitely like tasty dishes, and more than that I like the being together with friends, but when eating by myself I don't get too upset if the food turns out to be less than boombastic. But what I had today didn't even fill my stomach right. 

I was at the Chamchuree Square in Pathumwan to take an English test. It's a requirement for my application at the school in London where I'd like to do my master's at. The test was really well organized and it took about four hours. It had four different sections: reading, listening, speaking and writing. I'm not sure about the other parts, but I definitely screwed up the speaking segment. I mean, first of all they make you talk about something you don't even want to know about, and then they only give you fourty-five seconds to speak.

To be honest, I have no idea how the result may look like. I might have to save up and retake it. I wasn't underestimating it, I was just unprepared. So if I fail to be good, I got really only myself to blame. When I left the testing room and walked towards the main exit I saw that it was raining beyond good and evil. It was only four o'clock, but everything was a little darker, as if somebody had put a filter between me and the world. Countless raindrops were punching the sidewalks in a darker tone, hundreds of vehicles covered the streets invisible, and heaven seemed to be one big cloud, as grey and dark as the fumes spat out by the unhealthy motorcycles.

It was a depressing, almost hopeless scenery. Not exactly what you want to be looking at after probably screwing up a very important test. I wanted to be left alone, go home and take a nap. But not like that. So I decided to eat something and that's where I made my mistake. To sum up today's events, I took a test and am dissatisfied with my performance on at least one section, I walked out and it was pouring down like crazy, I therefore went to eat and had a bad meal. And to round things up, it was still raining after I was done with Ma Ma's shit curry noodles. What a day, what a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment