17 March 2011

Having a Desk again

The past few days I mostly spent at home, translating a bit, watching news lot, but staring out the window most of the time. The thing is, that my window is rather high, so that I see the tip of a church steeple and lots and lots of the sky. It's nice on a nice day, but once it rains it's just frustrating. All in all it provides my room with much natural light, which I think is a good thing. In fact though, the window gives me so much brightness, that I recently had to rearrange my desk. 

I missed telling you before, but I'm using my desk as a place of work again, for the longest time it was the sofa and a coffee table. So I tidied up my desk by putting everything that I don't immediately need in a box, and lo and behold, it was almost empty. Or let's say less filled. I mean it's manageable: a printer, a scanner, a phone, an external hard drive, an alarm clock and a bottle of water. I may also tell you that I'm successfully drinking a lot more water since the year and my resolution to drink more water started.

Semi-frequently used items like a little wastpaper basket, some post-its or a box with coins I put behind my foldable computer, so that they visually disappear as soon as I start sitting at the desk. And about the brightness, I turned my desk ninety degrees, so that I'm now facing the wall, and the window is to my left. That way my eyes don't have to fight the sunlight in morning, and my writing doesn't happen beneath the shade of my own writing hand anymore. 

I should have made this a long time ago. Now, with all these changes I'm also trying to spend my day in a more organized way. I came up with a new plan which goes: wake up at eight, wake up again at eight fifty, be miserable for ten minutes, get up at nine, wash up and breakfast till ten, work concentrated till twelve, have lunch and coffee till one, work again till four, do sports or be lazy till six, eat dinner till seven, work again till nine, free time till sleep. I'm starting the trial run tomorrow.

Sounds like a lot of work, don't it? Well, there's actually a lot more than a lot of work to do. Man, I hope I can stick to this scheme. At least for the next two weeks, that'd be tight. I won't say necessary, but to prevent my shit to hit the fan I should really try. I'm so glad I could finally make use of that expression! I find it really hard to pick the right opportunity, you know, most of the time it's a bit inappropriate. And to spill the beans, too. I mean, what if you don't have anything to tell in a spilly way?

No comments:

Post a Comment