24 February 2011

Visiting Bonn

Today I had a pretty great day, filled with lots of thoughts and many laughters. I got up at eight and took the nine thirty train to Bonn. Since I'm in the middle of getting my application ready I have to get some stuff prepared. One of those things is a transcript of my records from uni. I checked the working times of the office and the website told me they were open till eleven. But I wanted to make sure, so I got there a little earlier.

It's almost been a month since I've been to the school, but it's still the same train, the same streets and the same walk. It was strange though, it felt a bit weird. And I think it's because I don't live there anymore. I mean, for three years I've been a part of the city. I used to skate the streets and know what's around the corner. I'd ride my foldable bike from the 80's through the city, to school and back. Bonn was my home.

After I got my paper I walked through the school building, thinking about the future and London and stuff. And suddenly a witty comparison popped into my mind, I thought about it and it made me laugh a bit. I wanted to tell my friend Ee, but she's in the US and I didn't have my computer with me. So I went to the next bookshop and bought a post card. Right across the street there's a coffee shop, so I went in, got a latte and a good seat.

I started making a list of all the stuff I have to do, and it's quite some stuff. The list gave me a heavy head. At kurz vor one, my friend 'T to tha B' texted me that she'd be there in five minutes. Right after that I missed a call from our friend Reggie. I left the coffee shop and texted her back while I was hurrying to Café Blau, Walid was on his way to the city, either. And at the end of the day the post card remained empty.

Reggie was in Thailand for a couple of months and today was the first time we met her again. I was the first to get there, we sayd hello big time and went inside. Right after we picked one of the wooden tables, T to tha B walked in. We ordered coffee and chatted the rainy clouds away. The young waitress took our food orders and just walked away when Walid came in. He joined our table and time started to sprint again. Crazy. 

At four thirty, we were long done eating and had ordered and drunk our second round of coffees, we had to part again. What felt like twenty minutes where actually more than three hours. Why is it that good times always fly away like that? We walked to the station and I took the RB 24 on Gleis 5. I thought about what we talked and laughed about, and somehow it made me a little sad. It seems like everybody has proper plans and legit shit to do.

I mean I have plans, too, and I just made a list of things to do, right? But I guess it's the pond of instability that I find myself sitting in, reaching a certain age I naturally feel a bit nervous to be not having a real job. And I think that's what's been bugging me these days. 

1 comment:

  1. oh the nervousness we share, you and i. but it'll work out, you know.

    and i love making special appearance in your posts. are you gonna fill out that postcard any time soon?!

    ReplyDelete