14 January 2011

Helsinki - Day 4.

Today was our last day. We got up late and almost skipped breakfast. After barely eating something we made fun of a funny girl in a training suit and went back up to pack our bags. Both of us were leaving with a lot more stuff than we'd brought. For my suitcase this is definitely the last trip. I got used to it now, but since one of the wheels is broken, I feel bad dragging it around with me. Maybe it's time to purchase a new one. 

Sami picked us up at twelve. We went to a Nepalese buffet for lunch, they had really good chicken. Back at the warehouse we had coffee and met up with Nessi. While Tobs took care of business I played with the cruiser board and flipped through a magazine. After that we soon said our good-byes and Sami took us to the airport. The check-in was trouble, because we had like 500g of over-weight. Also the two decks I brought apparently looked like weapons to the lady at the desk. So we payed and checked in.

The security check went smoothly and we had plenty of time left. So we checked out the book store and found out that Helsinki only has ugly postcards. I finished my chocolate and almost fell asleep at the gate. When we boarded the plane there was some guy sitting in the aisle seat of our row, and when we made clear that those seats next to him were our's he only kept staring at us in a weird asshole kind of way. It didn't really piss us off, but it was enough for Tobs to mumble words in his direction. 

After the take-off I tried to nap, but couldn't ignore the constantly crying baby enough to doze off. I tried hard and after a few more minutes I looked over to Tobs and couldn't help but laughing. He was next to furious and close to slapping the kid in the face. I mean, sure, babies cry, but seriously, what crazy ass kind of parent lets his child cry on for sixty minutes straight without comforting it? Anyways, we somehow made it back to Düsseldorf Airport safely. 

The whole trip was just fantastic. I learned a lot, I gained a lot and I brought back plenty of things to think about. I'm already looking forward to our next trip. Also I can't wait to visit my friends abroad.

Man, I feel like this year is going to be very international. So P, Ee, GY, let's start planning guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment